About the Department
CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT of the institute started functioning right from the inception of the institute, in the year 2008. It is endowed with well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty and committed supporting staff. Students of the department are highly enthusiastic and actively participate in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities apart from giving their best in academics. A congenial atmosphere prevails in the department and in particular between the teacher and the taught. All the laboratories of the department are well equipped with advanced and sophisticated instruments, to fully satisfy the training needs of the students and to meet the research and consultancy requirements of the department. Conducting seminars, workshops and conferences on the latest developments and arranging internships, industrial visits and expert lectures for the benefit of the students are regular features in the department.
To give the nation qualitative Civil Engineers, who can contribute for the construction of a better world with sophisticated infrastructural facilities, eco friendly houses, modern transportation facilities with a pollution free environment and to protect the precious natural resources of this planet.
- To shape the students into good entrepreneurs and to promote self confidence and all-round development of the student personality through special lectures, practical training programmes, field visits and technical seminars.
- To train the students to acquire generic knowledge in the areas of Civil Engineering.
- To continuously update the physical infrastructure through modernization, thrust area development, R & D and other schemes.
- To generate knowledge base through sustained research and developmental efforts.
- To promote faculty development programmes for updating knowledge and improving their overall professional competence and caliber.
- To produce engineers with self-confidence and overall personality who can be self employed and generate employment opportunities to fellow engineers and take active part in nation building, keeping in view the challenges of the future
- Imparting value based technical knowledge through qualitative theoretical inputs and practical exposure.
- Promoting industry - institute interaction and bridging the gap between the institute and industry and thus making the students best fit in the industry.
- To participate in community development programmes through value based consultancy services.
- To keep pace with the growing needs of the society at large and industry in particular through fundamental and applied research in the field of Civil Engineering.
List of Labs
- Concrete Lab
- Materials Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Soil Mechanics Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab