About the Department
The Electrical & Electronics Engineering Branch started in the Academic Year 2008 with the intake capacity of 60.The department is having highly experienced and dedicated Staff with good interpersonal relations. Some of the faculties are having industrial background and many are also interested in extra curricular activities apart from the regular academics.
The staff and the students of the department are working with the vision of making the department the top in India both in formal and non-formal education, research and service in electrical engineering over the next decade.
The department conducts workshops, seminars, conferences and invited lectures to keep the students and staff updated with the latest developments. The department also invites projects from industries to be implemented by the students of the college. The students have been well trained and with the support of the placement cell, have succeeded in being placed in top companies.
To provide an excellent learning opportunity for all students and staff to develop knowledge and skills essential in enlightening the individual's ability to think vitally and utilize Electrical and Electronics in detail to meet the technological challenges of tomorrow and to refine knowledge and understanding through research and creative activities.
To impart value based technical education and train students through continuous improvement in teaching effectively and efficiently, learning and associated processes and to collaborate with industry, foreign universities and institutions for academic exchange programme for faculty and students.
GOALS (Short Term):
- To strengthen the department infrastructure and human resources.
- To depute faculty and staff regularly for skill up-gradation.
- To conduct programs for students to acquire soft and hard skills and inculcate leadership qualities, research orientation and technical skills.
- To conduct continuing education programs and workshops/conferences for knowledge sharing with outside world.
- To encourage research activities.
- To improve academic performance of students using innovative and creative methods of teaching.
GOALS (Long term):
- To establish centre-of-excellence for research in Power System Optimized Planning & Design, High Voltage Technologies, Renewable Energy Systems, Control Systems etc
- To offer consultancy services to industries.
- To establish and strengthen industry-institute interaction and be industry solution providers.
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations.
- To have more number of publications and patents in the emerging areas of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- To be among Best leading institutes in India and abroad and be recognized as the best department in terms of research and innovation.
The department has provided spacious dedicated cubicles to all faculties with internet connections. The Departmental library has a good collection of books pertaining to all areas of engineering. The Spacious Seminar hall coupled with modern electronic teaching aids like LCD projector, wireless internet service, computer support etc gives pleasing experience with best acoustics. The department has state of the art lab facilities provided with the latest and high end systems and equipments.